Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Merry Monday #41 - Merry Christmas

Hi Stampers,
I made this card for the Merry Monday Sketch Challenge, my first attempt, I wasn't really happy with it.  I didn't think there was enough definition between the designer papers, gold metallic card and the gold embossed image on the soft suede, especially front on in a photo.  At this angle you can see the different layers so I thought I would post it.
My card probably just needed a different designer paper to show the layers better, in person it looks fine.
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Holiday Blocks (R), Petite Pairs
Card and Papers: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Gold Metallic
Ink: Versamark, Champagne Shimmer Mist
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Provo Craft Winter Trees E/Folder, DSP Mocha Morning (R), Embossing Buddy, Gold E/Powder, Heat Tool, 1 1/4" Square Punch, 1 3/8" Square Punch, Oval Punch,
Large Oval Punch, Sponge, Dble Sided Tape, Dimensionals 
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
Hugs,
Cat's Ink Siggy

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Susan! I love this card! Love the gold embossed images paired with the patterned paper! Perfect match! Also love the textured background too! Beautiful card! Simple yet so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your card is wonderful. I love that gold embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Susan, I love all the texture and gold embossing :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't usually like Soft Suede, but I love it on this! So glad you showed it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Sue....this is gorgeous! Isn't it amazing how a different angle can make all the difference when showing a card? I love the papers and your gold embossed images! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.