Pages

Monday 11 November 2013

Northern Lights Technique - Birds on a Branch

Hi Friends,
Today's card uses the Northern Lights technique.  I have followed a tutorial by Melissa Banbury on Splitcoast Stampers.  I love how she shaped her card on the edge, so I have cased it.  I also saw this technique at Pat Carr's Stamp Camp but didn't complete the card as I forgot to pick up the swap.  I have to admit that I had a few goes at this technique until I found a finished look that I liked, it was difficult to make it look realistic.  I only did a bit of outlining as I was using a Chalk Pen for the detail and it wasn't as fine as I wanted, but it is what it is....something a bit different.
 

Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Serene Silhouette's, Tiny Tags, Vintage Labels
Card: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy, Basic Black, Frost White Smooch Spritz
Finishing Touches: Chalk Pen, Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon, Linen Thread
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Sizzix Cloudy Day E/Folder, Provo Craft Spellbinders Blossom Nestabilities, Papertrey Ink Tags Die, Sponges, Dble Sided Tape, Dimensionals
Thanks for dropping in today.
Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. I think you've made a great job of this. Love the addition of the embossed clouds and repeat of the stamp on the inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.