Pages

Saturday 2 April 2011

The Paper Players Sketch Challenge #40 - Lets Sew

Hello Everyone,
Today's post is for this weeks Paper Players Sketch challenge.  I like how my card came together, but I am not sure about the Designer Big Buttons, I think they are a little large compared to the other stamps and accessories in the Mini, they are a bit over powering.  What do you think? 
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Sew Suite, Pattern Pieces, Noteworthy (R)
Card and Papers: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Sweet Stitches DSP
Ink: Crumb Cake, Stazon Black, Gelly Roll Pen, Tombow Dark Grey Marker
Embellishments: Designer Big Button, Pom Pom Trim Tangerine Tango, Black Pearl, Black Cord
Tools: Pinking Hearts Border Punch, Sponge, Scallop Oval Punch, Big Shot, Quick Kutz Diamonds and Dots EB Folder, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine, Aqua Painter, Large Glue Dot
Until next time,
Hugs,
Cat's Ink Siggy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Susan, Your card is very pretty. Love the colours you have used and that very neatly cut out sewing machine! Like you, I am not sure how to use those huge buttons without overpowering a card with them. I wish I had have read the description properly before I ordered them! I find them very bulky as well.
    Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    I really love the big button! I think it looks perfect on your card and adds a pop of colour! I have them too and never know how to use them but you have done so perfectly here! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! The button is a bit big but still looks fine on your card, you could group one large one with one or two smaller ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Sue. I love the big button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is just too stinkin' cute! LOVE what you did with these elements!!! I freaked out when I saw the size of those buttons (I got the ones from the Holiday mini) but I think it looks wonderful here--really pulls out the color of the trim! Super cute! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, I think the button looks great! I think the way you used it perfectly balances out your card and brings out that fun pom pom trim beautifully! The stitching is a fantastic accent, too. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Yes these buttons are big. I didn't realise how big they were. Love the colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, I love this card and was so happy to recieve it in the mail when I got back from Convention. Sorry it has taken me so long to say thanks. I have even cased it and put both on my blog tonight. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.