Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Merry Monday #78 - Tis' the Season

Happy Monday Stampers,
Today's post is for this weeks Merry Monday Challenge, to use a bird on your card. I paper pieced my birds and layered three shapes together to give the birds more dimension. The background was sponged on through a lattice die cut from Cherry Lynn Designs.  I coloured the Pearls with a black sharpie for the eyes, added some Candy Dots and sponged some patterned colour on the inside. Hope you like it.
 
Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Signature Christmas
Card and Papers: Smokey Slate, Whisper White, Basic Grey, Winter Frost DSP
Ink: Pool Party, Smokey Slate, Black Sharpie Pen
Finishing Touches: Pearls, Candy Dots - Neutrals and Subtles
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Cherry Lynn Designs FRM132 French Lattice Small Frame, Memory Box Branch, Impression Obsession Bird Dies, Sponges,
Thanks for dropping by today. Do pop on over to Lesley's blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.
Hugs,
 


13 comments:

  1. The background you created is stunning, Sue. Another gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design, Sue! Love how you did the background & the birds! So pretty! Your sentiment is perfect as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Love your sponged background and the layered birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, you have wowed me again! I love the stenciling and see that I'm going to have to look into that technique. Your birds are perfect and I love the way they are sitting on the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so pretty Sue, the background is beautiful and I love your birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a stunning card, Susan! That background is subtle but absolutely gorgeous! And your little birds are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan. Your stenciled background is GORGEOUS!! Love it done in soft blue - so peaceful and perfect with your patterned birds. Great design! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Sue. The sponged background looks amazing, and I, too, love your paper-pieced birds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the sponged background Susan. The birds, branch, sentiment and pearls are arranged so perfectly on it. Lovely colour too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning card! You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Couldn't wait to see this on your blog to find out how you did this....very clever and absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card made my eyes pop...just love the way you used your lattice for sponging and the colors are so striking. Yes, I had to pin it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, I love how you sponged through the die, what a great background. The birds cut from DSP are so pretty, too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.