Pages

Tuesday 6 January 2015

One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #1 - Santa's Hug

Dear Friends,
As you might have noticed on my blog sidebar I have been invited by Shery Russ to join her Inaugral Design Team for the One Layer Christmas Card Challenge.  I think I might find it quite challenging at times, but I like a challenge and I am excited to be showing you my card for our first challenge.
The format for the One Layer Christmas Card Challenge is " Anything goes each week with an Optional Twist to use Red".   If you enter cards with the twist, you get an entry into the monthly random drawing for a prize. 1 card with the twist = 1 entry; players can enter as many times as they want. Check out the Guidelines for the challenge here.
For my card today I have used a card base, stamped my image and coloured with Blendabilities.  I added Washi Tape along the bottom edge, scored either side of my sentiment and finished off with some sequins and crystal effects on Santa's glasses.



Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black - Holiday Hugs, S/U's Sassy Salutations
Card: Whisper White
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Blendabilities: Cherry Cobbler, Blush, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, Wild Wasabi, Basic Grey, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Night of Navy
Finishing Touches: Washi Tape, Clear Sequins, Crystal Effects
Cool Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Simply Scored Tool, Tombow Multi Purpose Glue
Thanks for stopping by today, hope you will join me and the rest of the Design Team for our first challenge.
Hugs,
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Awesome colored, adorable image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring, Susan! Such a sweet stamp too. That's all you need for a cute x mas card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jolly faces and your beautiful shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable image and card. Love the washi tape border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card! Love your image and it is beautifully coloured. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, that's just the happiest pair all snuggled together! Just makes me smile! Awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card made me smile, Susan! Fantastic coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your new DT, Susan!! This is awesome :) I have added this challenge blog to my list of challenges on my blog. Can't wait to play along - love your card!!!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable card, Susan! Congratulations on your DT post! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new DT, Susan!!! So awesome! Your card is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute card, Susan! Wonderful coloring & I love the scored lines!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.