Pages

Friday 16 November 2018

CAS Mix Up Reminder - November, 2018 - Embossing Folders - Wedgewood China

Hi Stamping Friends,
Today's post is a reminder that you still have some time to play along at CAS Mix Up.  The Embossing Folder Challenge Hosted by Bonnie closes on the 24th November, 2018.
For this card I inked and embossed a panel with Tim Holt's 3D Embossing Folder called Botanical.  I  Swiped the raised surface with a Versamark Stamp Pad and then used Perfect Pearls Interference Red and brushed over the Versamark.  The raised embossing has a beautiful sheen which I had difficulty photographing. I used a Metallic Pink Card and S/U's Dotted Scallop Border Punch cut in half to highlight the edges.  Unfortunately when I tried to punch another border strip for the inside of my card my punch jammed and I still can't get it to open. I finished off with the White embossed Sentiment and Border on Pink Metallic Card punched with a large Oval Punch.

Mix Up: Embossing Folder, Perfect Pearls, Heat Embossing, Punching, Stamping
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Vintage Labels
Card: Thick and Thin Whisper White, Pink Metallic Card
Ink: Tim Holtz  Spun Sugar Distress Ink, Versamark
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Tim Holtz 3D Sizzix Botanical E/Folder, Mini Mister, Perfect Pearls - Interference Red, Paint Brush, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Embossing Buddy, White E/Powder, Heat Tool, Large Oval Punch, Dotted Scallop Border Punch, Dble Sided Tape, 2 Way Glue Pen, Foam Tape
Thanks for visiting today.  I love to read your comments,
Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful embossing folder you used for this lovely card Susan - SO pretty in the pink and whisper white - love the pink scalloped edge and oval sentiment piece! hope you can get your punch unstuck - I've done that before - sometimes the paper is just too thick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful effect with your 3D embossing folder and love the soft colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. The deep texture and pretty colour of the embossed panel looks stunning. One very beautiful card, with a great tecnique with the embossing folder. Sorry about your stuck punch X

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Susan! The pink is so soft and the sheen from the pearls is an extra bonus. I'll have to try this technique using the Versamark. I've never had much luck with inking and embossing. I'd love to have one turn out like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never thought about using perfect pearls with an embossing folder. This turned out so beautiful Sue! Love the soft colours and the gorgeous design from your deep embossing folder. So feminine and dainty. Grrrr! about those border punches. I gave up on most of them a long time ago because they always jammed on me. Hope you can get it open again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous deep embossing design for your pretty panel, Sue. I love this particular folder and have on my wishlist..now I want to get even sooner after seeing your gorgeous card. Your soft coloring with the perfect pearls and narrow scallop edge is so pretty. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even without the sheen being visible this is such an elegant beauty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really gorgeous pretty card Susan, love it and the technique is one I will be trying out really soon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.