Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2019

CAS Mix Up April 2019 - Reminder for Layered Stamping With Heat Embossing - Fabulous Flamingo

Hello Everyone,
Today's card is a reminder that you still have time to join us for this months CAS Mix Up Challenge until the 24th April.  The challenge is to use Layered Stamping with Embossing powders + Stamping + your Choice.  The Flamingo has two layers of embossing powder and the outline is stamped with Stazon Black.  The outline was a bit of an issue with this stamp set, I found that it did not match the layers very well so I decided not to emboss it and found it was much easier.  All of my design elements are heat embossed and I added a bit of watercolouring on the water.
CAS Mix Up: Layered Stamping, Heat Embossing, Stamping, Watercolouring

Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Fabulous Flamingo, 
Card: Thick and Thin Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Versamark, Stazon Black, Pool Party, Balmy Blue, Old Olive
Embossing Powders: Zing Leaf, Wave, S/U's Melon Mambo, Cherry Cobbler, White
Cool Tools: Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Aqua Painter, Misti, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Dble Sided Tape, Foam Tape
Thanks for visiting today.
Hugs,


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Susan, this is a fun technique! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous heat embossed layered flamingo, Susan. I love the scene you created with your heat embossed stamping too. TFS and hosting such a wonderful technique. I plan to use in the future. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This flamingo is perfect for this technique, Susan! I love the shades of pink! Fabulous challenge, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, Sue! I love your layered flamingo. So beautiful. And great work with creating this gorgeous scene with more heat embossing and watercolouring. A beautiful card!! Great challenge ... it's been fun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty effect with the flamingo, love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful layered flamingo, Susan! I love that you also layered the green grass over the blue water lines. Thank you for hosting this fun challenge this month!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a striking card and the layering looks wonderful. Thank you for the challenge, I learnt lots and loved it... x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. An amazing card. I love your choice of stamps. Flamingo looks stunning. I also love the effect that makes the legs of a flamingo immersed in water. Superb work with layered heat embossing technique.
    Happy Easter, Susan!
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.