Pages

Monday 2 March 2020

CAS Mix Up Challenge - March 2020 - Acrylic Paint - Paris

Hi Stampers,
This month we are celebrating the 4th Birthday of CAS Mix Up and there are Prizes to be Won by joining us and playing along.
This month Jenny wants us to use Acrylic Paint on our cards.  There are some fabulous videos on the Challenge Blog if you need some Inspiration.  I haven't used Acrylic Paints in card making so this was a new Medium for me to try.  I used three colours for my background, I wanted a more abstract look, I used an Old Plastic card but only had one attempt that had the look I wanted but it was too small for my card so I used the best of an ordinary bunch.  I like how my card came together in the end.  I layered the tower and the greeting 3 times, stamped the postage marks and added some silver splatters.

Acrylic Paint, Layered Die Cuts, Stamping, Splattering
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Parisian Beauty
Card: Thick and Thin Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Stazon Black
Acrylic Paint: Folk Art 639 French Blue, 468 Gray Plum, 673 Metallic Rose Pearl
Finishing Touches: Wink of Stella Brush
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Sizzix Parisian Dies, Old Credit Card, Dble Sided Tape, 2 Way Glue Pen, Tombow Multi Purpose Glue
Great to see you here today.
Hugs,

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful Paris card, Susan! The black Eiffel Tower looks so cool against the abstract acrylic paint background in Tricolor. The silver splatters are a really nice finishing touch.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful artsy acrylic background for your die cut Eiffel Tower and sentiment, Susan. Wonderful sentiment inside too. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh la la! I love the clean appeal to this beauty. You've got France's flag colours perfect for the Eiffel tower, all jazzed up too. The interior sentiment made me smile. What a special card and special design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific abstract! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the abstract background using acrylic paint, Sue! It makes the most fabulous and artsy background for the Eiffel Tower. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so cool .... I love it! The sentiment is perfect, and so true xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Susan!!! Great idea to use the French colours and it's so artsy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.