Pages

Wednesday 1 April 2020

CAS Mix Up Challenge - April 2020 - Bleaching - Red Floral

Hi Friends,
It's the 1st of April and time for a new challenge at CAS Mix Up.  Loll is Host and would like us to use Bleach on our cards.  We welcome Mac as our Guest Designer for April.
I followed Jennifer McGuire's Video for this card.  I sponged the Panel with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Barn Door and Fired Brick, then I clear embossed the flower image and Bleached the petals and centre of the flower being careful not to use much bleach as I found it would creep under the embossing and remove the red ink and my image lost some of it's definition.  I love how the petals have a marbled look and I was able to use the stamens as a contrast.  I stamped the sentiment with Barn Door Distress Ink and added the Red Sequins.  The white mat is dry embossed with Sizzix's Ruffled E/Folder.

Bleaching, Ink Blending, Stamping, Heat Embossing, Dry Embossing,  Die Cut
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Blended Bloom, Balloon Celebration
Card: Thick and Thin Whisper White
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Barn Door, Fired Brick
Finishing Touches: Peaceful Poppies Sequins
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Papertrey Ink Explore the 1960's with Erin Lincoln Die, Sizzix Ruffled E/Folder,  Sponge Applicator, Embossing Buddy, Clear E/Powder, Heat Gun, Bleach, Paint Brush, Misti,  Dble Sided Tape, Dimensionals
Wonderful to see you here today.
Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Susan, I love how the bleach has given a shaded look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the bleach left a bit of color in the petals too, Susan! It gives them such a realistic look! Fantastic card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Susan! I love the residual ink that is left behind on your gorgeous flowers. I agree with you, it looks marbled. Wonderful bright red and white design which is so fresh looking. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That is beautiful! Love the red and those pretty petals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful effect! The red on red with bleached petals looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, I really love the marbling effect of those velvet petals. Great card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great effect from the fun technique and a real striking card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous Susan, so pretty with the outline from the clear EP and the hint of colour after the bleach.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous flower, Susan! I feel passion from the card. :-) Love the petals' marbled look! It's a wonderful contrast to the stamens and the background.
    Three little red sequins, the textured card base, and the interesting shape of the panel all contribute to the beauty of the card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.