Pages

Thursday 16 April 2020

CAS Mix Up Challenge Reminder - April 2020 - Bleaching - Green Turtle

Hi there,
This post is a reminder that you have until the 24th April to join us for the current CAS Mix Up Challenge.  Mac Mable is our Guest Designer this month.
I water coloured onto Watercolour Card following Andrea Kidman's Video and using blue, green and yellow paints, drying in between each additional colour with my Heat Gun so I didn't muddied them. Then I stamped the image with Stazon Black and bleached the turtle and some of the bubbles, I applied the bleach a number of times but found on the Watercolour card it was harder to remove the ink and gave a much softer look. The outline faded when I bleached the image of the turtle so I used a dark grey pencil  to give the image some more definition.  I stamped the sentiment, applied the epoxy clear shapes and finished my card.
Supplies:
Stamps: Lucy's Stamps - 1512LJ Green Turtle Large, S/U's Sprinkles of Life
Card: Thick and Thin Whisper White, Watercolour Card, Coastal Cabana
Ink: Stazon Black, Micador Stylist Watercolours, Prismacolour Pencils
Finishing Touches: Clear Epoxy Shapes
Cool Tools: Paint Brush, Water, Bleach, Heat Gun, Big Shot, Provo Craft Tiny Bubbles E/Folder, Misti, Dble Sided Tape, Fun Foam, Tombow Multi Purpose Glue
Lovely to see you here today.
Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. How cute is that turtle! I love the look of the watercolour so he's swimming... Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Sue! I LOVE your watercoloured background with the awesome turtle image. I think bleaching is harder to remove on w/c paper, but it also may have something to do with heat setting your colours for the background. Not sure, but the turtle looks awesome with the light colours left from bleaching. The texture from your bubbly dry embossing is perfect to go with this image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bleached turtle swimming amongst the bubbles both stamped and embossed! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun card with all the texture and colour elements. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful turtle card, Susan!
    Love how you watercolored the background. The epoxy clear shapes are associated with bubbles, and add so much interest to the card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image and a lovely effect from the bleaching Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. The turtle looks fab, great effect from the bleaching and I do like the watercoloured background xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool card! I love that the bleaching on wc cardstock gave a soft effect--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.