Pages

Tuesday 2 March 2021

CAS Mix Up Challenge - March 2021 - Print Making With Die-Cuts - Butterflies

Hi there,
We are celebrating our 5th Birthday at CAS Mix Up this month.  Bonnie is challenging us to do some Print making with Die Cuts using water and ink.  I used this butterfly from Papertrey Ink with mixed results. My prints are very light and although I used dark coloured Markers the water washed them out a lot.  For the inside I didn't use as much water and achieved better results.  I did add the die cuts I used to make the prints on the inside.  We Welcome Ros Crawford as our Guest Designer for March.

Thanks for your visit today, lovely to see you here.
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Clubhouse
Card: Thick and Thin Whisper White, Watercolour card, Lovely Lilac
Ink: Versamark
S/U Markers: Almost Amethyst, Lovely Lilac, Orchid Opulence, Wisteria Wonder, Elegant Eggplant
Finishing Touches: Pearls
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Papertrey Ink Life is Beautiful Die, Spray Bottle, Water, Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Labels Die, Misti, Embossing Buddy, White E/Powder, Heat Gun, Dble Sided Tape, Foam Tape, Tombow Multi Purpose Glue





11 comments:

  1. Purple doesn't get enough attention in my eyes. You've remedied that beautifully on the soothing, lovely card. Those flower and butterfly prints literally dance off your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the light colored printed butterflies! The softness gives a feeling of movement and interest to go with the beautiful die cut! Love your layout too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly card is STUNNING, Sue! I love the softness of the prints on the front. It's just a perfect balance of colours so that the butterfly die-cut is darker and stands out. Great work!! Those little butterflies on the inside are SO SWEET! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the washed out look, it gives a wonderful dreamy feel to your card and the colours are gorgeous. As ever I really like you little detail inside xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the subtle print on the front as well as the more distinct print on the inside. Such a delicate and feminine card with beautiful color and technique. Nicely done, Susan! I will definitely be playing with this technique again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love your soft colours from the print :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love your pretty watercolored die cut prints for your background. Your prints give a beautiful artsy look to your card. Wonderful CAS design and gorgeous die cut butterfly. Sweet tiny butterfly prints on the inside of your card too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card with such a wispy background and a fabulous technique Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful wispy die cut print background you created for your lovely butterfly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this card Susan. The colours are so pretty, the layout looks fab and the prints in the background give a real delicate look ..... love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really mastered this technique! Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.