Pages

Sunday 16 January 2022

CAS Mix Up Challenge Reminder - January 2022 - Loose Watercolouring - Nasturtium's

Hello Friends,
It's time for a reminder to let you know that you have until the 24th January to join us for this month's Loose Watercolour Technique.
I went with Jennifer McGuire's technique's and started by using my Misti stamping the Nasturtium stamp with Stazon Black, left the stamp in place and cleaned it.  Then I coloured direct onto the stamp with Distress Ink Markers, spritzed the watercolour card and the stamp and then stamped the image.  I managed to get a little wash of colour from the stamping but the excess water muddied a little so I moped up the extra water, the colour wash was very light.  I then used my Aqua Painter applying watered down ink onto the stamped image.  The Happy die cut was coloured with Mowed Lawn distress ink onto white card and then stacked three times for some dimension.  The Birthday sentiment was White Embossed onto Black card, then I added some Sequins and stamped and coloured a smaller version of the front image to the inside of my card.
Thanks for your visit today, I appreciate you stopping by.
Hugs,
Supplies:
Stamps: Flourishes Nasturtium's Set #51, Sentiment Stamp
Card: Very Vanilla, Watercolour Card, Basic Black
Ink: Stazon Black, Versamark
Distress Ink Markers: Barn Door, Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Bundled Sage
Finishing Touches: Verve Stamps VS-SEQ03 Shine Bright Sequins
Cool Tools: Misti, Aqua Painter, Big Shot, Simon  Says Sentiment Labels Die, Happy Die, Embossing Buddy, White E/Powder, Heat Gun, Dble Sided Tape, Tombow Multi Purpose Glue


11 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and colourful card with a wonderful loose water colouring effect Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and perfectly loose, love the inside too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color combination that lends itself so well to this technique. Anyone would love to receive this card for their birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nasturtiums, Sue! Love these bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how beautiful your loosely watercolored stamped flowers turned out, Susan. TFS your detailed description. I received your sweet Happy New Year card today too...Thank you so much my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! Love your loose watercolouring, Sue! It looks amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those beautiful bright colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your have achieved a terrific effect with your loose watercolouring Sue, it looks awesome!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the effect of the loose watercolouring on your flowers Sue. Also I adore nasturtiums and will be looking out for this beautiful stamp!! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love this one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fabulous ...... love the bright colours. You've definitely nailed the loose watercolouring technique xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.