Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2022

CAS Mix Up Challenge - February 2022 - Faux Cloisonné - Face of a Butterfly

Hi there,
It's time for a new challenge at CAS Mix Up, I am the Host this month and I would like you to do some Faux Cloisonné, using your glossy Magazines, Advertising Material or Designer Paper. 
I used a Spotlight advertising magazine for my Faux Cloisonné as you can see in the photos below.  Once I had stamped and Heat embossed the embossing powder I backed the paper with some white card to give the pieces more stability.  I then Fussy Cut the images and mounted them over some stenciled diamond shapes, soft sponging and word stamping using foam tape.  The Sentiment is also heat embossed , cut with a label die and mounted on foam.  Hope you will join us for this month's Faux Cloisonné challenge.

The Advertising magazine ads that I used.  
Butterfly
Flowers
Thanks for stopping by today, lovely to see you here.
Hugs,
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Lucy's Stamps 1998-2003 1325LL Butterfly Border, S/U's Forever Floral, French Foliage, Simon Says Stamp - Tiny Words
Card: Whisper White,  Basic Black, , Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Spotlight Magazine
Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Versamark
Cool Tools: Embossing Buddy, Misti, White E/Powder, Heat Gun, Sponge, Funky Fossil Designs Distressed Diamonds Stencil, Tim Holtz Wildflower Stems #1 Die, Simon Says Sentiment Labels Die, Dble Sided Tape, Tombow Multi Purpose Glue, Foam Tape

14 comments:

  1. Your card is very special indeed and thank you for the extra challenge this month as I have never done this technique before. I love how you have used that beautiful face for your butterfly's wings xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a stunning effect Susan and a technique I am excited to learn....Thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...Stunning Faux Cloisonne technique for your Gorgeous butterflies and flowers, Susan. Love how you used the beautiful face from the glossy magazine for your butterfly and your wonderful mixed media layered background. A truly "Wow" card, my friend:-) Thank you for hosting the creative mixed media challenge...I am loving it! Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant choice of theme Susan - I can't wait to join in! I didn't even see that there was a face in your butterfly until I zoomed in closer. Apparently butterflies and moths are designed to look like faces to deter predators so your card is doubly clever! Love the pattern you chose for your flowers too - they are so pretty. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So effective. Love how you positioned your embossed butterfly over the lovely face of that woman and the flower, too. It's amazing what drama it creates. Like the background you chose to frame the images with, as well. It really showcases that critter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME, Sue! You picked the perfect stamps and found the perfect magazine pages! Not only are the main elements great, but your background, inside and out, is spectacular too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That image is amazing the face was perfect for the moth. I will definitely be playing along with your challenge ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are fantastic. I love the face in the butterfly. Great cards and fun technique. I shall look forward to trying this out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - what a lovely technique and your card is beautiful using that face image for the butterly and your pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a genius. Wonderful effects!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, a brilliant selection for this cloisonne butterfly. Quite the beauty, filled with interest. I have to give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and artistic card Sue!! LOVE this technique and have not done it before. It's been fun trying to find the right magazine page to match with an image. Thanks for hosting this really fun and creative challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, your sample is mind blowing! Gorgeous overall design with the layered stamping and stenciling, and brilliant to use the ad magazine. The face in the moth is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this card Susan ........ that butterfly looks amazing! What a clever idea to use the face, just perfect, have I said how much I love it!!! The stenciled background looks fab, and I like the little touches of stamped text too ...... fabulous card!
    Such a fun technique that's new to me, I need to buy more magazines now!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.