Pages

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Monthly Calendar Challenge - February 2010

Hi there,
It's time for another Monthly Calendar Challenge.  Of course February is a special month with a lot of love in the air as it includes Valentine's Day. For me it is more than that as I celebrate 37 years married to my wonderful husband and it's also includes my Birthday. This February we will have another special event to celebrate as we welcome a new Grandchild. 

Edited to Add:  I have also linked this post to the Just Add Ink Challenge - Just Add Hearts, my two Calendar pages fit the Challenge.

So drumroll.........................

February's Monthly Calendar Challenge is - Love and Romance.

Love and Romance for me means Red Roses, Chocolates and lots of Love, my husband is a true romantic and has always spoilt me throughout our marriage at this time of year.  I have made two Calendar's for February's challenge.  For the first one I tried to keep it simple and a definite border around the edge.
Supplies:
Stamps: SU's Priceless, I (Heart) Hearts, Penny Black - The Look of Love 2815K, Artee Stamps - AS666B Hugs and Kisses, Love Unknown
Card & Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Pretty In Pink
Ink: Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Always Artichoke
Embellishments: None
Tools: Friskers Heart Edge Punch, SU's Heart to Heart Punch, Window Word Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Computer and Printer, Cat's Calendar Template from Splitcoast, Sponge, Dimensionals
The second one appears a lot busier so I aimed for a less is more approach.  I made the calendar in Microsoft Publisher and I very happy with the result, I can now change the colours and font size easily.
Supplies:
Stamps: SU's I (Heart) Hearts, A Happy Heart, For the Love of Chocolate (R)
Card & Paper: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Bella Rose DP
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Pink Pirouette
Embellishments: Satin Ribbon
Tools: EK Success Arrows Edge Punch, Cuttlebug, Classic Plain and Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, Bow Easy, Dimensionals, Computer and Printer, Heart to Heart Punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig

Hope you like them, let me know which one is your favourite.
If you would like to play along check out the guidlines in this post.

Calendar Stand
I have had a couple of requests for some details on the calendar stand.  So here they are:
Base is 23cm (9") x 6.5cm (2 5/8")
Up rights 24.3cm (9 1/2") x 4.2cm (1 5/8")
Holes for Dowel start at 1.6cm (5/8")  from the top of the uprights.
Dowel length 22cm (8 5/8")
Dowel 1.5cm (5/8") round
Two 3cm (1 5/8") rings
S/Up's 6" x 6" (15.2cm x 15.2cm) Page Protectors
                                           
So I hope you can find the time to join in my Monthly Calendar Challenge. C'm on have a go!!
Hugs,
Cat's Ink Siggy

13 comments:

  1. Wow Sue.... I love the first one. To me it's just pure beauty. I just love how you combine all your stamps and images. Chantell

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely stunning! I love them both, but the first one is just so striking, it's definitely my favourite. The way the images seem to spring out of nowhere... kind of like love itself. Oh, now you've made me all gooey! Just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Susan, these are Delightfully Gorgeous!! I thought I'd like the first one (which is lovely)but I really LOVE the second layout ... I love busy colour and design and 'out there' presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh your calenders are fabulous, but I absolutely adore the first one it is amazing, stunning, elegant, oh it is just to lovely to describe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both pages are a work of ART.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! they are stunning. i particularly like the first 1. just the right balance of white space and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those calendar pages are stunning Sue!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both your creations are just stunning Susan! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both but I prefer the first

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, these are amazing! I especially love how you combined all the images and elements on the first one.

    And anything made with Sweet Bella will always be a winner with me!

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great calendars,I absolutely adore the first one. Well Done
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love what you have created - and that first one is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them both but I have to say I LOVE the first one. That rose is just perfection! I am new to stamping so I would love to know how you did it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.