Pages

Saturday 2 October 2021

CAS Mix Up Challenge - October 2021 - Botanical Prints

Good Morning Stampers,
It's the first of October and time for a new challenge at CAS Mix Up.  This month is Mixed Media month and Bonnie is challenging us to do Botanical Prints using real leaves or flowers from the Garden. I used a Gel Plate to begin my card with Acrylic Paints and a Brayer.  I have never used a Gel Plate before so this was a bit of a learning curve, I had a bit of trouble making the Acrylic Paints spread across the Plate but did manage to make it work.  For this piece I used Flower heads of a weed to stamp, sorta worked but I then decided to use a spray of leaves sponged with Distress Ink which worked really well.  To add some more interest I die cut a Frame from the main focal piece, which I mounted on dimensionals and attached the center on the card mat.  I finished my card by adding the Sentiment, sponging a 3cm strip on the inside and stamping the spray of leaves.
We welcome Izzy (Izzy Scraps) as our Guest Designer this month.
Thanks for dropping in today I love to read your comments.
Hugs,
Supplies:
Stamps: Altenew Sentiment Strips 2
Card: Thick and Thin Whisper White
Ink: Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink, DecoArt Daffodil Yellow Acrylic Paint, FolkArt 611 Barnyard Red Acrylic Paint, S/U's So Saffron, Blushing Bride, 
Cool Tools: Big Shot, Sizzix 3D Layered Leaves E/Folder, Honey Bee Dble Stitched Frame Die, Misti, Sponges, Post It Notes,  Dble Sided Tape, Foam Tape

 

13 comments:

  1. this is fantastic and your first time using a gel plate. I hope it has inspired you to use it more. They can be a bit fickle in my experience. One minute you create something amazing and the next it is just a muddy mess. So glad it worked for you. The colours and the framing are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, the inside is as beautiful as the front! Your card is so lovely with the embossed card which matches so well. Your first time with the gel plate turned out amazing. I have no experience, but from what I've heard it can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright and pretty Susan and the background 3D leaves EF is gorgeous, and the idea of cutting the frame from the piece itself works brilliantly. The inside looks as pretty as the outside too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leaf prints are gorgeous Sue!! I stand out beautifully against your background colours. Fabulous design with a die-cut, popped up frame! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What immaculate prints, I wouldn't be able to manage anything half as neat as this, such a super design too!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever to use two techniques on this gorgeous piece, Sue! Love the colors and how you've cut the main image to pop over the embossed background! And awesome card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally impressed with the way you persevered and came up with an excellent design. You had wonderful results with your gelli plate then using the second technique to get the detail was a great idea. Love the framing of your panel against all that embossed texture.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...Gorgeous Botanical Prints card, Susan. TFS all your description for your gelli plate background and stamped leaves. Your Autumn colors and your dry embossed background are so beautiful as well as your framing. TFS your beauty, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous prints Susan!
    This is such a great design too - fab card! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Great job with your first time using a gel plate. I love the colours and the leaf prints look fab. Nice touch with the die cutting too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous ! I've never used a gel plate either and the result of your first use makes me want to try ! Love the beautiful background it made for your printed leaves which are fabulous. Also love your design with the 3D frame mounted on the embossed panel. Very eye-catching card. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for having me as guest designer for this challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful colours Susan, love the layered die cut effect ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely techniques used on your pretty botanical print Susan - great design carrying the stem look onto your embossed background! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.