Pages

Saturday 16 October 2021

CAS Mix Up Challenge Reminder - October 2021 - Botanical Prints

Hi there,
This is the reminder post for October's CAS Mix Up Challenge which is to use Leaves or Flowers to create a Print.  Bonnie is host this month and it is a Mixed Media Challenge.  We Welcome Izzy as our Guest Designer.
I used Pelargonium Leaves for my card inking up with Versamark, stamping using the leaf and heat embossing with Gold E/Powder.  I found that I had the best image with the first stamping.  The stamping was a lot more saturated with versamark on the second attempt as you can see on the last photo in this post on the bottom left hand corner.
Thanks for stopping by today, lovely to see you here.
Hugs,
Supplies:
Stamps: S/U's Special Celebrations
Card: Thick and Thin Basic White
Ink: Versamark
Finishing Touches: Pelargonium Leaves, Peaceful Poppies Sequins
Cool Tools: Big Shot, My Favourite Things Wonky Stitched Rectangle Dies, Altenew Fine Frames Die, Embossing Buddy, Ranger Princess Gold E/Powder, Heat Gun, Misti, Dble Sided Tape


13 comments:

  1. I haven't tried to use VersaMark and gold embossing, but I need to. This is GORGEOUS, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stylish and beautiful. It doesn't matter at all about the bit on the bottom left hand corner xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to me that you can go out to your yard and pick a leaf for a gold embossed card. So envious, wish I'd thought of it. Looks so beautiful with stitching and matted it gold. Just a lovely piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully CAS and your leaf prints so elegant gold embossed and a gold sentiment too, and the wonky stitches mat frames each so prettily Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I must try using Versamark and embossing powder after seeing this Susan! The results are brilliant. Love both cards - stunningly elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've so enjoyed seeing all the different leaves and techniques this challenge has inspired. I'm definitely going to be trying some gold embossing. Lovely, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and elegant card Sue! Love the gold embossed print. Amazing the difference between the first and second prints. Thanks for the tip. I love how you've added a strip of the embossed leaves in the inside of the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful effect with the embossed leaf print. Love the classic elegant gold ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just wonderful!
    The prints are so clear and precise and simply beautiful. I love both layouts too. Awesome!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully CAS and so elegant. Love the detail of the leaf, the gold embossing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you really got great results and your cards are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous heat embossed with gold EB powder your botanical leaf prints, Susan. TFS your description of your technique. Your finished card is so elegant and beautiful. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous gold heat embossed botanical prints and gold framing of your beautiful CAS card, Susan. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments.